BRPHSC’s education partners help bridge the gap between education and employment by increasing access to industry training, certifications, and degrees for students and instructors, bringing students and employers together, giving employers access to prospective future employees, and more.
The Partnership serves all of GO Virginia Region 2 which consists of the cities of Covington, Lynchburg, Radford, Roanoke, and Salem; and the counties of Alleghany, Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Roanoke. We welcome all K–12 school districts, community colleges, four-year and post-graduate institutions in this region to become an education partner.
BRPHSC leaders have created a public-private approach to instruction which leverages existing resources, standardizes rigorous curriculum informed by employers, and fits it inside the education system from K-12 through post-secondary levels.
Some important Partnership goals include:
- Closing gaps in education between school districts, community colleges, and four-year institutions
- Ensuring credits in the relevant curriculum can transfer between community colleges and four-year institutions
- Increasing access to industry training, certifications, and degrees for students and instructors
- Eliminating barriers to program success by increasing the number of credentialed instructors, expanding work-based learning opportunities, and addressing student wrap-around services.
- Ensuring the region has qualified health sciences professionals to meet the needs of our region’s health employers, helping to attract and retain companies seeking to move to our region, and supporting staffing needs for emerging businesses